Sunday, January 17, 2010

Beautiful art that scares the shit out of me



Alexander Jansson is an incredibly talented artist whose gorgeously odd illustrations intrigue yet terrify me.  You can check out his unique portfolio here.

And since we're on the topic of art again, I'd like to introduce yet another talented photographer.  Normally I'm not a fan of self portrait photography (fucking narcissistic bastards), but in this case I admire the work of Kalliope Amorphous who's work is best described as performance art.  Unlike the usual vain erotic self-gratification crap plastered all over the internet, Kalliope takes a theatrical approach to her work which effectively establishes thought provoking and stunning results.  View her incredible work here.

Pictured below:  A piece from  Kalliope's Resurrecting Ophelia collection.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Worth Seeing ~ Inappropriate & Otherwise