Monday, March 2, 2009

Bitter is not only the new black, but also my new life plan - and it's exquisite!


Thanks to a lovely girls-day-out for brunch, shopping, and a movie, two of the funniest girls I know pillaged me with Valium laced Mimosa's and convinced me to purchase Jen Lancaster's Bitter is the New Black. OK, so the Valium laced mimosa's never actually happened, but would anybody be surprised if they did?

After picking the book up, I haven't been able to put it down. Soren and Sara, I have only one thing to say: Shut. Up.

Pictured below: My top three chic-lit recommendations of all time.

Bitter is the New Black : Confessions of a Condescending, Egomaniacal, Self-Centered Smartass,Or, Why You Should Never Carry A Prada Bag to the Unemployment Office
The Other Side of the Story: A Novel
Confessions of a Shopaholic (Movie Tie-in Edition)

1 comment:

  1. SQUEEEEE! Maybe now "my friend jen who writes books in chicago" will come to TO on her book tour?

    and I'm happy to lend you Bright Lights, Big Ass as well as Such a Pretty Fat :D

    sing it with me... just can't get enough, just can't get enough...

    ReplyDelete

Worth Seeing ~ Inappropriate & Otherwise